OE Governors of New York Lot Signed FDCs & Letters - Feat. Nelson Rockefeller, Malcom Wilson, Hugh Carey & Mario Cuomo
Presented is a five piece grouping relating to Governors of New York. The majority of the lot consists of First Day Covers or FDCs for short. There are also some typed letters on state letterhead (TLS) from the Governors office in this collection. This lot includes:
1) FDC feat. Elizabeth Cady Stanton 1948 w/two stamps signed by Mario Cuomo. Also includes TLS from office.
2) FDC feat. 175th Anniversary of the Battle of Brooklyn - 1951 w/stamp signed by Hugh Carey - incl. TLS from his office.
3) FDC featuring Joseph Pulitzer - 1947 with his stamp. Signed by Hugh Carey - TLS from his executive office. Includes original state mailing envelope.
4) 1968 TLS from executive office on NY letterhead. Signed by excutive of Alton Marshall. Includes original state mailing envelope.
5) FDC - 100 Years of Peace between US and Canada 1948. Signed by Malcom Wilson has A century of friendship stamp. Also includes TLS from his secretary dated to 1974. Includes original state mailing envelope.
*This grouping originates from a large political collection. The consigner collected numerous first day covers, photos and mailings from both the state and federal government. The collection was too large and costly to authenticate. The majority of autographs in this collection appear to be hand signed however any or all could be stamped, auto-penned or secretarial because of the nature of gathering (via mailing). Overall, some of the FDCs may have some slight lightening (from age/storage/mailing) but all average about an "8". See available photos for your own assessment .
You May Also Like...
What's It Worth?
We can help! We have examined well over 15,000 items.
BidAmi.com Auctions Stats:
What's Happening Now!