An Arthur Ashe Game-Used USA Davis Cup Tennis Jacket. 1960's / 1970's (est).
An Arthur Ashe Game-Used USA Davis Cup Jacket, believed to date to the late 1960's to early 1970's. The jacket is manufactured by Catalina Martin, which provided both Ashe and the US Davis Cup Team with garments during this era. The jacket is accompanied by two original press photos from the era (the press photos do not show Mr. Ashe in this exact jacket, but are simply included with the item). The jacket would have been provided to Mr. Ashe for use in Davis Cup play for the United States, but Ashe was known to wear his US Davis Cup wear to Wimbledon and other matches on the men's singles circuit. It is unknown what dates/tournaments this jacket was worn, but it came from the personal collection of Mr. Ashe as having been worn/personally owned by Mr. Ashe. Upon close inspection, you will come to find the following signs of use throughout this item:
Please take a moment to review the authentication notes provided, as well as the provided photographs.
1. "Catalina Martin" cloth label stitched to interior neckline of jacket.
2. Garment appears to be cotton, with the feel of a lightweight canvas type of cotton. Ribbed trim to sleeves and collar. Full zip front, with button closure at top and bottom of zipper.
3. Two side pockets.
4. No lining inside jacket.
5. Jacket is marked to the label as a size Medium.
6. U.S.L.T.A (United States Lawn Tennis Association) logo stitched to chest. USLTA was changed to USTA in 1975, removing "Lawn" from the organization's title.
7. Additional details apply.
A rare & unique item from the personal collection of Arthur Ashe. Superb condition.
100% Authentic Team
You May Also Like...
What's It Worth?
We can help! We have examined well over 15,000 items.
BidAmi.com Auctions Stats:
What's Happening Now!